Sunday 1 March 2009

Skiing, lesson planning and flashcards

Skiing was soooooo much fun. Only one small injury, just a tender spot on my back. Thyra's pretty good at skiing because she's used to it in Sweden so we were on the middle slope and she's teaching me how to do turny things and is like, "come on, give it a go" - I took her out. Just completely smacked into her and took her out. Amazingly she came out of it unharmed and laughing a lot. She's cool with it. I landed on the handle of my ski pole but it's okay. That's the worst injury and it's nothing. I'm definately not having any issues lounging on my sofa and faffing on the internet.

Anyway, we plan to make the most of being up north and go skiing at least once a month. It's pretty cheap for the whole day compared to the prices I've heard that others spend on it. It's like £20 for the days. Including rental of equipment, transport and stuff. And since we're so high up, the air is clear - no smog!

Lesson planning is my next job. I've written about a quarter of my weeks lesson plans so i need to do the rest ready for translation on Monday morning. My activity/song choices are: "the rainbow song" for the littluns, "one, two buckle my shoe" for the 4 year olds, "head, shoulders knees and toes" for the 3 year olds and finally "old macdonald had a farm" for my 5 and 6 year olds. I need to make some flashcards for the songs as prompts since they won't understand a word of English.

My roommate made chips last night without the use of an oven. They were amazing. I miss chips. I also got my bed to myself for the 1st night for 3 nights so that was nice. Lots of space!

Got my first lessons tomorrow, quite nervous. I wish i could be shoved in a room alone with the kids but since they're so small, they need their teachers there. That's the real pressure. I don't wanna be judged compared to their previous foreign teacher because they'll only remember how she was towards the end and much improved as a teacher. But hey, we get on with it. It's about time i got to work and got into the routine.

I better go and have breakfast, shower, get ready and do something today. It'd be so easy to sit on my laptop all day and catch up with my emails but i need to prioritise. Maybe later i can catch up.

Love to everyone. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment