Monday 30 March 2009

Duck neck and honey roast fish satay...

That's what the ladies in the office fed me Friday afternoon. Not so bad actually.

I had a really productive weekend. I decided that we would not all crash on the sofa for 5 hours in the mornings like usual. no, we would do things. So Saturday we headed to the imperial palace, discovered it was quite expensive for a ticket so decided we'd go back another day when the weather was nicer and we could spend a whole day there. So we did some shopping, had some lunch and then we went to countless bookshops on a mission for Josie. Then had some dinner. Yummy. We went to this gorgeous little Italian restaurant - i had Carbonara (not sure how that's spelt) and some garlic bread. Finally we ended up in this crazy club where they put on a show until midnight then it turns into a night club where the only real dancing space was the stage. So an hour or two of dancing and i was ready for bed.

Sunday morning, wide awake at 7.20am - no idea why. At 8 i was aggitated at the lack of doing anything so i took myself off for a run. Got lost. But found a landmark i recognised eventually and managed to get home. Then went to a church service full of Koreans that was in Chinese (we were told it'd be in English). So 2 hours of sitting and watching, then lots aand lots of walking around. Had dinner at a Vegetarian restaurant down the road. but we got there and the menu was full of meat dishes (peking duck, mutton, pork chops) we were very confused. So this boy, maybe my age approached and translated that it was all fake meat and made up of vegetables. Like the mutton was made from mushrooms etc... weird.

Then he and his mum chaatted to us throughout our meal and she basically wants us to work with her in building up her language school. Got her contact details. Their English was the best i ahve heard from any Chinese person so far. Even their accents and pronunciation were perfect. It was amazing. We were all stunned.

And today. I'm supposed to have parents in my lessons this week but none have showed up yet. So this week is a revision week to show the parents what the kids can do. My 2 and 3 year olds were amazing. 4 year olds, not so much. I got very close to killing them. It was a good thing their parents wern't there to see it.

It's lunch time now, i've had lunch, watched TV with my roomie and now she's gone back to work and i am here, as you see.

Having a movie night tomorrow which will be nice a relaxing. It's becoming a bit of a Tuesday night tradition actually. Which is cool. Then Friday my roomies parents arrive in China! Crazy! I'll have to be on my best behaviour. And impress them with my well rehearsed swedish alphabet and odd words.

Missing everyone at home. On the 7th of April i'll have 100 days in China left. Countdown starts then.

Love love, peace out. xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun. Any recognisable songs at the Chinese church? Or did you just sit there in confusion for two hours?

    It's definitely flying by. I shan't start counting down the days with you, but I do look forward to your return.

    Oh, and I have a job. Do you know this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I recognised some, but they sound so standard hymn type things that i stopped trying.

    Why won't you count down with me? At least towards the end?

    I do know this. I read your blog. :) You have an email from me too!

    ReplyDelete