Wednesday 11 March 2009

Amazing Discovery!

Well, maybe not amazing...

You know how we as kids would always find the closeness of the word 'six' and 'sex' was funny, in school we'd 'confuse' the two because we were little rebels, well me and my friends did. Turns out that in Swedish, the number 6 is spelt 'sex' and sex is the same word too! They got the joke handed to them on a plate! That has absolutely nothing to do with my journey through China. I just enjoyed that fact.

What you can know is that one of my friends here has a laptop and he can't get internet in his place. Actually he's the guy who is mine and Thyra's weekend lodger, and Tuesday night lodger too. (He has a curfew at his, it's not an interesting story...) but he's here a lot and now he's going to start leaving his laptop here which means i can email and blog more often than i could with the internet cafe. Yay!

Also, one of my classes tomorrow has moved leaving me with a 4 and a half hour empty slot smack bang in the middle of my day and a very long afternoon of back to back classes on Friday. Meh. As we say out here...it's China. They do these things. We get over it. We do our job.

I'm going to have dinner now, which is at the middle school down the road. Normally quite yummy. We've had chicken nuggets and breaded prawns or whatever it was. Yummy.

So anyway, peace out homies. Stay cool. xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you sound so mature and well-travelled. 'As we say out here...'! Indeed!

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds mature?
    Did you read the first paragraph :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That was an important language discovery of high importance :P

    I am mature.

    ReplyDelete