Tuesday 24 February 2009

I am in Starbucks

The title of this blog was inspired by my good friend Josie. She has been with me all through Beijing and now she shares her next 5 months avec moi in Shengyang. Shengyang baby yeah - as she puts it.

I'm also avec Thyra, who is lame!!!!! (Only joking, she is very cool and Swedish and stuff, love it!) Here is some Swedish... Jag gillar ost, you can figure it out.

Would you like some Mandarin too, here... Wo xihuan nailao.

Anyway... as most of you know, apologies to anyone i haven't told yet, i'm in Shengyang which is east of Beijing, just next door to North Korea. [insert inappropriate joke here - i'm too scared to do it]. The reason some of you might not know is because it's been a MAD few days of travelling and settling in. I don't start teaching unitll Monday i think although most of the group i came here with have started teaching already.

I'm currently awaiting for my team leader to get internet installed in my apartment so until then, i will be very silent on the internet. Once it's installed though i should be able to send some more in depth emails and speak to those i've neglected since leaving the UK. Honest, i do love you, but it's really been so busy here. But from now on, i'll teach all day - little kindergarton kids, how cute - and then my evenings i'll email and update this as much as possible. I will also indulge you with some photos from my journey.

On facebook i mentioned my cab crash. Let me clarify what i meant. I was in the cab, front seat, no seat belt because it's like an insult to put it on (you're basically saying they're a rubbish driver - irony!) But anyway, i don't remember the ins and outs but we swerved to avoid something and drove straight into a railing. I got a bump on my head which remians, 3 days later. Also suffered headaches since but i'm ok. Didn't bother with hospital - i'm hard!

Anyway, Josie's bored so we're going to play cards now. Oh, it's snowed a lot. It did in Beijing too. It's very cold and now quite sludgy...nice.

Love to everyone. I'll try and update/email everyone soon.

PS- David M - Sorry for he lack of emails and stuff. I'm trying my best to sort it out. We'll chat soon. David T - Thanks so much for keeping me posted, i'll ty and reply ASAP. I'm reading them all though, just no time to reply. Rach S, Joy, Sarai, Sarah, Grace, Clare - you girls are the best, we will chat soon, i'll email you girls ASAP too. Mum, Dad, Craig, we'll chat soon. Missing you lots. Dan - I'll try and email soon, maybe you can phone this week if my parents tell you how. Guys (Chris, John, Ian, Dain, Dan M, Pippa, Gemma and all of you)...i love you all and i promise i'll try and email everyone as soon as i have the internet.

Anyone i've forgotten i'm sorry, but you know you're supposed to be in there. Love you all. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment