Wednesday 11 February 2009

Great Wall, Green Tea and Chalk

First of all, my sincerest apologies for not blogging sooner. I might try and do little and often blogging rather than big catch up blogs. Anyway, I'm so sorry, I've been so busy, but here it is.

To begin, Great Wall, well, it's pretty great. I was quite overwhelmed actually. everywhere you look it's like "oh more great wall there, bit more there, or and over there" needless to say it's not a well kept secret. We spotted it very quickly. And for the sports fans, in the same day i visited the Olympic Area, or whatever it's called. Bird's Nest, Bubble, the lot. I got there when it was light and managed to stay until it got dark (like an hour later) so i saw it during the day and then all lit up at night. That was overwhelming. And so inspiring! Then blast out the "one world, one dream" song constantly all around it.

Green tea...not much to say about it. It's become like my standard tea. After that it's the Jasmine tea they serve in most restaurants. But i now have a box of green tea bags in my kitchen for my morning tea.

Another reason i haven't blogged is because I've been quite ill. I had an awful cold for a while we made me miss a lesson one day i just felt so rough. I was coughing and heaving and stuff, not pretty. But I'm almost better now which is very good.

Another reason i haven't blogged much (are you noticing my excuses?) is because I'm currently in the middle of a teaching practice week. I've been teaching a class of 9 and 10 years old kids about animals, colours, actions and tomorrow, parts of the body. Friday will be sports and hobbies. They're very sweet though. I want to take them all home. Only problem is the chalk boards! You'd think China, fastest growing nation would invest in some interactive boards or even a white board! But no, chalk boards, everywhere! My clothes will never forgive me.

Anyway, the lessons are going well. I've been writing up lesson plans for them all. Next week is my last in Beijing i leave on Friday the 20th. I'll be teaching full time in just over a week! Crazy! Who knows if I'm prepared enough for this? I'm not sure i am actually! It's a bit scary!

Photos, if i haven't told you already then I'm sorry but i can't get on facebook very well so i can't upload any. I'll try my best to figure out a way of doing it on someone elses computer.

Apart from that, i think that's all the main stuff. I've bought 3 scarfs, a jacket, a hat, a bracelet, a pendant, oh and a Chinese phone so i could have a chinese sim card.

Ooo, and i have a Chinese name too Bei Rei Qian (pronounced - bay-ray-tee-n). I won't tell you what it means though :P You can work it out.

Love to you all, i'll blog sooner next time!

xxx

PS. I have skype now so i can have free video/audio chats with people over the internet. If you're interested then let me know and i'll email my username. I'd say it'd be nice to hear your voices but i spoke to my mum and dad yesterday and it sounded a bit weired. Maybe that's just because i haven't heard their voices in a while.

4 comments:

  1. Amazing. So glad to hear from you. Drop me a line as to your Skype. Missing you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh more great wall there, bit more there, or and over there"

    the biggest understatement of the Great Wall ever :P I actually laughed out loud

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so overwhelming, we kind of had to bring it down a peg or too. We spent the whole day talking about this wall we saw. A Wall!!! So afterwards we pointed out some lovely walls which were so much better ;)

    You not going to brag about the fact that i spoke to you on the great wall. It's like you were there! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rach, skype always a good thing, look me up my username is rumble60

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete