Thursday 10 September 2009

Ends and Beginnings

I'm writing this and wondering who will read it now? Now my 'exciting' travels are over and regular life starts. I don't know if anyone will know I've posted, I won't say so.

I'm continuing on with this blog so that I can recount my uni years. I do hope i blog regularly. I expect that of the blogs I read, so this blog deserves the same attention.

China is over. That part of my life has past. What a blur! I loved it, hated it, mourn it and say good riddance to it. So much happened in that 6 months that i don't know if anyone but myself and God will ever know it all. It all comes back to my pet peeve of a question: 'How was China?' In actual fact, you're asking how my last 6 months and constant activity and new experiences was. And you wait 10 seconds for a satisfactory answer. I'll never answer. Not honestly. It was great, I loved it. Thank you very much.

But I don't blame you either. I'd ask the same (maybe not now, but in your position...). Because what can you ask of your friend or relative? When they have done so much and contact has been so minimal. I do hope that I recount some of the best and worst times to my closest, or anyone willing to listen. Because I want you to be a part of that time in my life. I want you to know what I went through and how that has shaped who I am now. So if it overspills into this blog, so be it.

As I said, I'm keeping this blog. And the title remains. My journey doesn't end, it has just moved to Chichester for a while, and then it will move on again I'm sure. It sounds cliché. I wish it didn't. 'Life's a journey', they say. And it is. But you've spoilt that phrase with patronism and misguided hope.

I've just spent a lovely week in Cyprus. I have an impressive tan for only a weeks work. And I've come home alone to a pile of stuff for university. The necessary Natwest account, it's accompanying railcard, debit card, cheque book, credit card and the free gift of a USB memory stick. I'm excited because one of my bestest friends is coming over to drink tea, chat and steal what clothes i won't take to university. I love her lots. She knows it, but I like to tell her so. And for those who can't be here while I pack and chat and drink tea, you're missed. I wish you were here, but wishing doesn't work. So I've probably text you.

I'm in good spirits. My blog doesn't seem to reflect that well. I've had an amazing year to date. I regret nothing. I'm Blessed, Loved, Encouraged, Strengthened and Saved. Hold me accountable this year. God has put me in a position where He can do the same for others through me. Rachel Bradley, reporting for duty to BLESS. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Words can not describe how much I want to phone you right now and ask "How was China?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll read whatever you post darling. Will miss you tonight and while you are away. Mum will be bringing you a couple of pressies from me for Uni.

    congratulations on being BLESSed.

    Love you lots sweetie.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have read with great expectation and joy as always...

    X

    ReplyDelete