Monday 22 June 2009

The Last Time

This is it. I'm giving back this laptop tomorrow night and for the last 3 weeks i'll probably not blog anymore! So he's a big catch up on what i've been up to and what i plan to do. Do expect a blog at some point after my return though, which, for those still unsure is the 16th of July.

So, a list of my activities, a 10 day German beer festival, horse riding in the middle of no where, my last ever English Corner for the local primary students, plenty o' shopping, a haircut and the beginnings of some packing!

The last English corner was actually an unfortunate let down. We dodn't have as many kids as most weeks because of the summer rainstorms we've been having. It was a shame not to say goodbye to all of them, and it also leaves Thyra and I with about 20 mickey mouse notebooks and pencils that we signed and can't do anything with! Gutted! But we did have some fun doing the 'Peter Piper' tongue twister!

The German beer festival was a complete, welcome surprise. They have one here in Shenyang occassionally because we have good connections with a part of Germany apparently! Had some crazy Chinese and german bands, all sorts of music and plenty of beer! One band worth mentioning were Panik! Worth looking up! Really enjoyable! So we moshed and had some fun on many evenings at Zhongshan park!

So, next Tuesday is my last day of teaching! So until then i'm just doing revision and games lessons with the kids. I've bought 300 sparkly smiley face stickers which will please my students greatly. I've also got 4 presents for the ladies with whom i share an office. 2 Chinese English teachers a craft teacher and a dance teacher. All have been so lovely to me! I'll miss them!

This weekend i'll be heading out to Dandong to take a peek into North Korea and all things Korean. I expect many things with my camera's oh so wonderful 12X optical zoom! And preferably, i won't get shot! :D

Somehow, my 'stuff' from the past 6 months has to whittle down into a suitcase and a hand luggage size suitcase ready for my flight to Shanghai on the 3rd of July! We'll stay in a youth hostel for a week or so. Visit the sights, do some clubbing and have ourselves a little holiday! Then one the 11th ish i'll grab an overnight train up to Beijing, maybe making a few stops on the way and then spend my last 4 or 5 days hanging out, doing last minute shopping and sight seeing and say my lengthy goodbyes to my friends and to China.

That's the general plan! I really can't say if i'll make it online at all until then. I might try to visit the internet cafes occassionally so don't be suprised if a mini blog appears here and there. And please, feel free to still email and write on my wall. I'll still get them all when i get back!

Well i'm not sure what else needs to be said. Just to ask you not to worry when i seem to be ignoring you! And to say thanks to those who i know have been following this. It really helped knowing i had people at home keeping up with what i'm doing!

And thanks Craig for keeping my blog updated for me! No thanks to China for blocking it...grrr!

As you know very well, i love you all dearly! take of yourselves in the next 3 weeks. Would realy like to come home to all my friends in one piece! And i'll try and return the favor! ;)

Zai Jian!!!!!!!!!! See you soon guys!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment