Monday 12 January 2009

Preparations:

Greetings Friends and Family. This will be the space where you should come if one of the following happens:

  1. You haven't heard from me in a while
  2. You want to hear what I'm up to
  3. You're not sure what to pray for me, or
  4. You're mind numbingly bored.

In the event of such cases I have provided this place and I will try my up most to keep up to date.

Here are all the details I have so we're all on the same page, so to speak:

  • My flight is from Heathrow to Beijing on Tuesday 20th January at 5:40pm. It will last 10 hoursish and will get me to China at 4amish - 12pm local time.
  • I'll be 8 hours ahead of you so phone calls and catching me on MSN will be a rare occurrence, much like when I'm the the UK in fact.
  • My Teacher Training Course (Teaching English as a Foreign Language - TEFL) course starts on the 22nd January.
  • I will be studying at the University of International Business and Economics for the first 4 weeks of my trip.
  • 3 weeks into the course I will be informed of where I'm going to teach for the remainder of my time out there.
  • I haven't started packing yet.

If there's anything important I've missed out then just ask. I'm going to use this blog as a place for my musings, my thoughts on my experiences, my diary and to keep you all informed. You can always email me at: spirited_child@hotmail.com or rachelbradley@gmail.com or message me on facebook if you're that concerned.

Thank you for your time, support, prayers, money and love. Next time you hear from me, I'll be in China, 再见 !

2 comments:

  1. Only ten hours? I thought it would've been longer!
    But awesome.
    You're blog shall be followed!

    And 8 hours ahead is only 3 hours ahead in Ian time, I mean, I'm atl east 5 hours ahead of normal English time =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post soon, and let us know you've arrived and all is well. Please.

    ReplyDelete