Thursday 1 October 2009

I'll never be a blogger at heart

I just can't keep up.

So here are some things that I've experienced in the last 2 weeks...

I've moved out. Well, this isn't new, and thankfully, I'm not homesick. I've done it before and before, Mum couldn't ring everyday. So this is nice and easy! :)

My room is very me. It's personal, it's my space, I get lots of compliments, and I like it a lot.

As of yet, no getting completely wasted! And that has been noted by my housemates. I've drunk plenty, but dancing and the lovely 10 minute walk in the cold home afterwards seems to sober me nicely.

I have had a mixture of lectures, seminars and labs. All are pretty straightforward. They like to set lots of reading tasks. One made the mistake of trying to tell me that the mind, soul and spirit were all the same thing, in the same place, doing the same thing. Why don't they all be called by one name then?

I've had 2 fire drills. Both went smoothly. Both were planned drills.

I've sat in A and E for 4 hours (for a friend), dealt with a lad who passed out, and been told some very personal and in 1 case a mental health related stories. I'm certainly doing what I'm being paid to do.

I got paid £40 to sit in/around/outside the building for 5 hours on Saturday to tour open day people. I showed 2 people my room. No one likes the walk up to my house! :)

I am in training for Ultimate Frisbee. As a result, i have bought a special frisbee for practice. I'm pretty good, actually! :P I've also joined the Christian Union (lovely bunch) and been to Grace Church (New Frontiers). Both places seem to have got it right theologically. The church have a gorgeous starry effect backdrop. That says God is on High to me! :) Might consider getting a job soon. But more prayer is needed in that area. Time? Where? How much work? Lazy?

I love my beautiful house. It's so sweet and already, all us 55 'pinewoodians' (residents) are like an unusual dysfunctional family. I love it. Everyone is lovely. I've met so many people, made some initial friends all over the place. I can't wait to see which friendships really progress.

I miss my close friends though. I can't wait till anyone and everyone visits.

I have not resorted to a single ready meal! I cook, I clean, I live on a floor solely inhabited by men! My student loan hasn't arrived just yet but I have money to survive until then.

This is very bitty, and for that, I apologise. Please comment if you'd like me to elaborate on anything further.

Love always! xxx

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your mad UF skillz when I visit. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was lovely talking to you on tuesday sorry it was so short.

    ReplyDelete